The Office of Alumni and Development sponsors an extensive schedule of events to promote interaction between students and alumni of Columbia Engineering.
Based on their academic and professional experiences, alumni serve as a valuable resource for students seeking to explore the many paths available to them at Columbia and after graduation. Our programs highlight the importance of maintaining a lifelong relationship with the Engineering School and support the goal of enhancing the bonds and sense of community between students and alumni.
To get involved, please fill out this form.
The Office of Alumni and Development holds a variety of programs throughout the year, including:
- Alumni panelists speak about their professional experience and how their time at Columbia, both inside and outside the classroom, has influenced their career path
- Featured professions have included medicine, healthcare, energy, environmental services, architecture/civil engineering, biotechnology/pharmaceuticals, and law
- This dinner series features one alumnus joining 15 students for dinner and conversation at the campus apartment of the Assistant Dean for Community Development and Residential Programs
- Topics of conversation range from the academic and professional path of the alumnus to how the alumnus has adjusted to life after Columbia
- The Office of Alumni and Development works with the student chapters of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) to hold annual receptions for students and alumni of these respective organizations and celebrate the increasing diversity of the Engineering student body
- Networking events are planned with a focus on providing opportunities for students to connect with alumni from their academic department or from a specific professional field
- These events enable students to hone their networking skills and gain confidence speaking with professionals
- Alumni are invited to represent their class by marching in our Parade of Classes at these ceremonial events. Convocation is held to welcome first-years to Columbia, while Class Day is the culminating event for Engineering graduates as they prepare to join the alumni community