Become an Egleston Doctoral Fellow at Columbia Engineering
A Fellowship for Our Most Accomplished Scholars
Columbia Engineering is sponsoring a new Doctoral Fellows program for NSF Graduate Research Fellows that provides a total of $10,000 in professional development funding.
The Egleston Doctoral Fellows Program will provide up to $10,000 to be used during the first five years of doctoral studies at Columbia Engineering for academic/professional conferences, travel to conduct research overseas, purchase of a laptop computer, or any other research related equipment or expenses.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Pass the first part of the doctoral qualifying exam
- Submit a written request and a budget, describing how the professional development funding will be used
- Submit a progress report and documentation of expenses
- Obtain approval from your thesis advisor and Departmental graduate studies chair
- Final approval will be from the Graduate Student Services Office
This additional stipend is intended to assist our NSF Graduate Research Fellows to continue their exciting research at Columbia Engineering. Multiple requests for professional development funding may be submitted, so long as the total amount approved does not exceed $10,000.