Submitting Grant Proposals through Columbia Engineering
For questions or assistance with preparing your budget, RASCAL, or proposal, please contact Rumana Ashraf, Manager of Grants & Contracts, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-851-9564; or Tony Schmitt, SEAS Grants and Contracts Manager, at email@example.com or 212-854-8492.
For a list of specific support services offered by the Grants Managers, please click here.
- Sample Budget Form (excel format). Please choose the worksheet that corresponds to the project location and the originating sponsor.
- Columbia University's RASCAL - Research and Compliance Administration System
- InfoEd Welcome to the InfoEd eRA Portal for Electronic Grants administration (for NIH submissions, it is recommended that Adobe forms be used as opposed to InfoEd for the time being due to system glitches)
- NSF FastLane
- NSF Grant Proposal Guidelines
- NIH PHS398 and SF424 Instructions
- Columbia Engineering's 9-month GRA tuition rate charged to grants: $21,772 ($2419 monthly) effective 9/1/16-5/31/17. This is the rate used for govt grants with 60% IC and for industry grants with at least 35% IC (it represents 1/2 the full tuition rate of $43,544).
- On-Campus Indirect Cost rate: 60%
- Off-Campus Indirect Cost Rate: 26%
- Fringe Benefit Rate for Faculty/Staff: 28.9% govt; 29.5% non-government (29.5% is effective 7/1/16; 30.5% for prior year)
- Fringe Benefit Rate for hourly student employees (non-GRA): 8.15% for both government and non-government grants. Fringe is charged only for summer months
- Minimum GRA stipend rate: $36,360 per year ($3030/mo), effective July 1, 2016
- For Post-docs and Officers of Research, please see salary guidelines
- Morningside DUNS: 049179401
- EIN: 135598093
- NIH Salary Cap: $185,100
- NIH GRA Stipend + Tuition Cap: $43,692
- For all current fringe rates, ICR, etc, please see the SPA Institutional Information page
- For Data Management Plan requirements, templates, and samples, please see the Columbia Libraries/Information Services Webpage.
- Freelance illustrators/graphic designers who have worked on projects for SEAS
- Columbia IRB Website