Submitting Grant Proposals through Columbia Engineering
For questions or assistance with preparing your budget, RASCAL, or proposal, please contact Rumana Ashraf, Manager of Grants & Contracts, at email@example.com or 212-851-9564; or Tony Schmitt, SEAS Grants and Contracts Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-8492.
For a list of specific support services offered by the Grants Managers, please click here.
- Sample Budget Form (excel)
- Columbia University's RASCAL - Research and Compliance Administration System
- InfoEd Welcome to the InfoEd eRA Portal for Electronic Grants administration (for NIH submissions, it is recommended that Adobe forms be used as opposed to InfoEd for the time being due to system glitches)
- NSF FastLane
- NSF Grant Proposal Guidelines
- NIH PHS398 and SF424 Instructions
- Columbia Engineering's 9-month Tuition rate charged to grants: $21,140 ($2349 monthly) effective 9/1/15-5/31/16
- On-Campus Indirect Cost rate: 60%
- Off-Campus Indirect Cost Rate: 26%
- Fringe Benefit Rate for Faculty/Staff: 28.2% govt; 30.5% non-government (effective 7/1/15)
- Fringe Benefit Rate for hourly student employees (non-GRA): 8.15% government; 8.83% non-government. Fringe is charged only for summer months.
- Minimum GRA stipend rate: $35,048 per year ($2921/mo), effective July 1, 2015
- For Post-docs and Officers of Research, please see salary guidelines
- Morningside DUNS: 049179401
- EIN: 135598093
- NIH Salary Cap: $183,300
- NIH GRA Stipend + Tuition Cap: $42,840
- For all current fringe rates, ICR, etc, please see the SPA Institutional Information page
- For NSF Data Management Plan requirements, templates, and samples, please see the Columbia Libraries/Information Services Webpage.
- Freelance illustrators/graphic designers who have worked on projects for SEAS