Columbia Engineering Venture Competition
First Round Applications will be due in February 2015!
The Columbia Venture Competition was first launched in April 2009, and has paid out more than $100,000 in prize money to early-stage ventures all founded by young Columbia entrepreneurs. Over the years the competition has grown in the number of submissions and in competition quality.
This year the Columbia Venture Competition will be university wide, with a total prize pool of $200,000!
2015 Dates and Deadlines
- February 11, 11:59 p.m.—executive summaries due
- March TBD, 11:59 p.m.—second round submissions due (video pitch)
- April TBD—Final round with live judging on campus
Online match-making is available at columbia.cofounderslab.com. Fill out a profile now!
- Columbia Engineering's Entrepreneurship Advisory Board will serve as judges.
- The 2015 competition will feature a SEAS track, including early-stage or new ventures, network-based businesses, and licensing arrangements. Consultancies or traditional professional service business models are strongly discouraged.
- Eligible teams must have at least one principal member currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at Columbia Engineering or must be a young alumnus (five years or less after active enrollment) of Columbia Engineering.
- Teams/businesses must not have raised more than $150,000 in funding.
- $50,000 Prize pool for the SEAS track